No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies are gluten free, so decadent, and they require absolutely no baking for the best summer treat! These mouth watering cookies are a perfect blend of creamy peanut butter, oats and rich chocolate, coming together in the best combination of flavours.
What sets these no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies apart from many other recipes is their simplicity and convenience, with no need to heat the oven or worry about baking times. These delectable morsels can be whipped up in no time, and the absence of gluten makes them an ideal choice for those with dietary restrictions, ensuring many can delight in what they have to offer. Unfortunately they are not nut free!
The most delicious snack, when you are craving that late night sweet, or perfect to share with friends.
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
Butter – I prefer salted, or use non dairy if needed
Apple – I like the Gala apple for this recipe and there is no need to peel it. This helps to reduce the amount of sugar and add a great flavour
Milk – for a preference use dairy free that is unflavoured
Cocoa powder – make sure that it is unsweetened and gluten free
Creamy peanut butter or crunchy – just make sure that it is gluten free
Vanilla extract – use pure 100% vanilla extract that is gluten free
Certified gluten free whole oats – you could use quick oats for a finer texture
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash, core, slice and blitz the apple in a blender
Cook the apple with a little water, then let it cool.
Heat the butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, chocolate pieces and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat.
Stir in the peanut butter and the oats.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. I used a 3 tablespoon scoop to get 16 cookies, but you may prefer to use a smaller size.
Chill the cookies till firm and enjoy!
How to Store No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies must be stored covered and in the fridge, where they will last upto 7 days.
WEIGHING THE INGREDIENTS
In all of my recipes I measure most of the ingredients in grams. It is way more accurate and you will therefore need a kitchen scale to make this recipe. Here’s the link to the scale that I use. There are many others available that are just as good and for a cheaper price. I have used my own gluten free flour blend in this recipe.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 90 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 95 g apple sauce 1 medium gala apple
- 25 g cocoa unsweetened
- 50 g milk
- 15 g dark chocolate I used zazu bean
- 260 g whole oats not quick oats
- 125 g peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Core the apple and blitz it in a food processor with the skin still on. Place the apple and the water into a medium saucepan, and cook it for 15 minutes on medium heat with the lid on.
- To the cooked apple add butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, chocolate pieces and vanilla together in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and boil at a low rolling boil for about 4 minutes.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla to medium size bowl and pour in the hot mixture
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful onto wax paper and leave them to cool in the fridge for about 4 hours to cool and set before enjoying.
- Store the cookies in a covered container in the fridge