This Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Loaf is way too delicious and its topped with a lemon coconut glaze. For me, this is the ultimate flavour pairing! I am such a lover of anything lemony and the coconut just tops it off beautifully!! The flours used in this recipe are a healthy, homemade blend. They consist of gluten free whole grains, coconut and a small amount of starch.
ABOUT THE FLOURS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS LOAF AND HOW TO MEASURE THEM!
In all of my recipes I measure just about everything in grams. It is way more accurate and you will need a kitchen scale to make this recipe. Here’s the link to the scale that I use. There are many others available that are just as good and for a cheaper price. I have used my own gluten free flour blend in this recipe. Eggs and ground flax seed are used as the binders and I have not made this recipe with flax eggs. I would guess that using the equivalent of 4 eggs would mean 10 minutes or more of baking time may be needed. There are no gums, very little starch, buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, coconut flour, dried coconut, used in this recipe!
If you are substituting any of the gluten free flours: be aware that this may change the consistency. It may make the loaf dry and crumbly, or a little wetter and needing more time to bake.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE LEMON COCONUT LOAF
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- Make sure the eggs and yoghurt are at room temperature
- Weigh out the flours and all of the dry ingredients
- Juice and zest the lemons
- Cream the butter and sugars, then beat in the eggs and yoghurt and add the flax seed.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mix, lightly mix and then add the remaining flour.
- Lastly stir in the lemon juice and zest and mix it until just combined with no loose flour.
- With a spatula, scrape the batter in to the loaf pan, and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350°F or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is a light golden brown.
- Remove the loaf from the pan after 10 minutes and cool it on a wire rack while preparing the lemon icing.
Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Loaf
- Loaf pan 7.5" x 5" and 3.5 " high
- 100 g soft butter
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 60 g icing sugar
- 4 large large eggs, room temperature
- 110 g yoghurt, room temperature coconut or plain
- 6 g ground flaxseed
- 60 g light buckwheat flour
- 50 g sorghum flour
- 30 g tapioca starch
- 45 g coconut flour
- 15 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 25 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 g lemon zest 2 medium sized lemons
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 120 g icing sugar
- extra shredded coconut to sprinkle on top
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar and icing sugar. Beat for about 1 minute until the mixture looks creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, yoghurt and flax seed to the butter and sugar, beat them just until foamy and well combined.
- To a medium bowl measure out the buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, shredded coconut baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour blend to the egg mixture, and beat it until just combined. add the other half of the flour and fold it in. Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F (180°F) for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove the loaf from the pan and cool it on a cake rack while preparing the icing.
- To a medium bowl add the icing sugar, whisk in the melted butter that has cooled a little. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest until there are no lumps. Add a little more icing sugar if needed for the desired consistency.
Be the first to comment