It’s a long time since I’ve eaten a gluten free bagel and I am excited to share this recipe.
These bagels satisfy that sweet craving you sometimes need. Sweet from the cinnamon sugar topping, plus the raisins … then a little tangy from the sourdough. Once you add the cream cheese it’s divine!
Sourdough Bagels with Cinnamon and Raisins
- 100 g sourdough starter
To Activate the Gluten Free Starter
- 40 g brown rice flour
- 40 g quinoa organic
- 118 g filtered water
- 60 g brown rice flour
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 30 g sweet white rice flour
- 110 g quinoa flour
- 15 g cassava flour or tapioca starch
- 15 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 g ground flax seeds
- 10 g whole psyllium husk
- 45 g brown sugar
- 360 g filtered water
- 60 g raisins
- 15 g fancy molasses
- 30 g golden syrup or honey
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice (epicure)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (epicure)
- 60 g butter melted
- 1 tbsp powdered cinnamon
- 60 g sugar
- Take 30 g starter from the fridge and feed it with 40 g brown rice flour and 45- 50g water to activate – for at least 4 hours.
To the 100g active starter, add:
- 40g brown rice flour40g quinoa flour118g waterLeave at room temperature until actively bubbling
- Beat in all of the remaining ingredients including the fully active starter. This is quite a wet batter but if you feel it is too runny, then add another tablespoon of coconut flour to absorb some moisture.
- Let rest at room temp for 20 mins
- Put dough into doughnut pan and leave to rise (mine was left overnight)
- Note: Because this is such a wet mixture, it does need a pan or some sort of support for the sides.
- Bake for 40 mins at 350°F and cool.
- Melt butter in pan
- Dunk the cooled bagel top in the butter and press into sugar and cinnamon mix that has been combined.