English muffin recipe that is so quick and easy that it’s on the table in 30 minutes. Crisp, yet soft inside and every bite is gluten free! In a world where many people believe that gluten free often leads to a compromise in taste, flavour and texture. Here you will find none of that … so you must try baking these delicious celiac safe English muffins!
Harnessing that extra protein from the yoghurt, milk and the cheese make this a great way to get on with your day. Adding more protein with and egg sandwich is even better! So bite into a world where deliciousness meets nutrition. For the best start to a busy day! Make these ahead of time, for a few days worth of easy grab and go breakfasts.
ABOUT THE FLOURS NEEDED TO MAKE THE BEST ENGLISH MUFFIN AND HOW TO MEASURE THEM!
In all of my recipes there are measurements in grams. It is way more accurate. Consequently, you need a kitchen scale to make this recipe. Here’s the link to the scale that I use, but there are cheaper ones as well. There are 3 types of gluten free flours in this recipe, and psyllium husk and ground flax seed are needed as the binders.
STEPS TO MAKE
1. Gather Your Ingredients: Collect gluten-free flours, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt, Greek yoghurt, milk, psyllium husk and cheese.
2. Mix the Dough: Combine gluten-free flour, gel the psyllium husk in the yoghurt and milk. Then knead just to mix the dough, and place on a floured surface. .
3. Shape and Cut: Divide the dough into portions, shape them into rounds, and cut out your English muffins.
5. Cook in the oven: Bake until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Cool and Enjoy: Let the gluten-free English muffins cool slightly before enjoying them as a breakfast sandwich or even with soup.
- 100 g millet flour
- 80 g sorghum flour
- 80 g tapioca starch
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115 g aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 200 g Greek Yoghurt
- 130 g warm milk
- 4 g whole psyllium husk
- white rice flour for dusting
- melted butter for brushing on top before baking
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/204°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. I
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, cayenne pepper, grated cheese and salt.
- In another bowl add the yoghurt and the milk and whisk in the psyllium husk and let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes to thicken and slightly gel
- Mix the yoghurt mixture in with the flour blend
- Lightly knead the dough in the bowl and transfer it to a lightly floured surface and roll it out until it is about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut with a floured 2 to 3 inch wide scone cutter or a round glass and place the English muffins on the baking tray.
- Brush the tops of the muffins with melted butter
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or, until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm as a breakfast sandwich or for a side dish with a warm bowl of soup.