Spring and early summer is my favourite time of year. It’s berry good with all the fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. Sunny days, good food, a little wine …. ahh!
These muffins are so quick and easy to make and with little bits of strawberries inside. They are not too sweet … but sweet enough and delicious with the whipped cream and extra strawberries on top.
Only three types of gluten-free flours for this blend and there are no starches at all.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 25 g oat flour
- 40 g millet flour
- 80 g white rice flour
- 3 large eggs
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yoghurt vanilla flavoured
- 40 g soft butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- extra Strawberries for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2. Place 12 parchment paper liners, in a muffin tin.
- 3. Mix the psyllium husk into the yoghurt and immediate stir it very well
- 4. Place the chopped strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle a tablespoon of some of the flour on top.
- 5. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and the sugar for about 1 minute until the mixture is light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs and the yoghurt.
- 6. To the bowl add the oat flour, millet flour, white rice flour, salt, and the baking powder. gently beat in the flour until it is well combined
- 7. Fold in the strawberries until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. (This is a runny mixture)
- 8. Fill the muffin cups at least 3/4 full and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes until the tops are no longer gooey, are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted, comes out clean..
- 9. Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes and then place them on a wire rack to cool.
- These muffins can be stored at room temperature for 1 to 2 days in an airtight container … if they last that long. They can also be frozen for upto 3 months.