Loaded vegetable mushroom bake, with layered potatoes, ground beef, broccoli, cauliflower and cheese and its gluten free and so good! This is one of the quickest meals to make and it is crazy delicious! One of the best parts of this recipe is, that it is a whole meal in one dish, making clean up a breeze. You need to add this gluten free mushroom soup, which adds the best flavour combined with all the other ingredients!
Time saving tip! Make this ahead of time to free up your evening!
Ingredients needed for this Loaded Vegetable Mushroom Bake
gluten free mushroom soup. I found this brand (Aylmer) at Walmart, which is the only store I can seem to find it
ground beef, browned
thinly sliced potatoes
chopped broccoli, cauliflower and spinach
tasty cheddar or smoked cheese
How to make this dish.
Brush a little oil on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Brown the ground beef in a pan, drain it and prepare the vegetables.
Peel and thinly slice the potatoes using a sharp knife or a mandolin is the best!
Wash and chop the broccoli, cauliflower and spinach.
To a medium sized bowl add two cans of mushroom soup and the milk. Whisking these ingredients to combine them well.
Can I make this recipe well in advance?
The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can partially bake it in the morning, keep it covered and place it into the fridge. About an hour before eating, remove the dish from the fridge. let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes before placing it into the hot oven to finish baking.
Alternatively, cook this cheesy mushroom potato bake the day before. Reheat it at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 30 minutes and serve.
Loaded Vegetable Mushroom Bake
- 5 tor 6 medium potatoes
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 cans Aylmer Cream of Mushroom Soup gluten free
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar or smoked cheese
- 2 cups chopped broccoli and cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and brush the oil on the bottom of a a 9 x13 casserole dish.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, brown the ground beef, remove the pan from the heat, while preparing the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes with a mandolin or a sharp knife.
- In a medium bowl pour in both the mushroom soup, add the milk and whisk to mix them together well.
- To the casserole dish add a layer of potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, then beef and cheese.
- Pour the soup on top of the potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, beef and cheese, then add one more layer of potatoes and then a generous layer of cheese.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through and slightly crispy on top
- Allow the dish to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.