You need these for your chocolate fix. I love good rich chocolate flavours and these are so light and airy, for being gluten free.
If you prefer them a little more sweet you could add some chocolate icing to the tops of them. I prefer them less sweet and with the combination of the chocolate and the dates I love it. Hopefully I don’t eat them all at once.
Chocolate Date Cookies
- 60 g almond flour
- 110 g all purpose flour, I used Anitas's AP Gluten Free Flour
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 70 g chopped dates
- 3 large eggs
- 60 g room temperature yoghurt
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g soft butter
- 4 g ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp brewed coffee
- 1. In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar and beat for about 1 minute until the mixture looks creamy and smooth.
- 2. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar and beat them for another minute.
- 3. Blitz the dates and the chocolate in a small blender and add them to the butter,sugar and egg mix.
- 4. In a small bowl add the yoghurt and the water and stir in the flaxseed. Whisk these together and add them to the egg mixture.
- 5. To the wet ingredients, add in the almond flour, all purpose flour and the baking powder.
- Bake at 350°F (180°F0 for 10 to 12 minutes